Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A better place for philosophy

A while back I started a new blog called "I Wish to Blog Deliberately" (corny name but accurate in its account). With this new blog I intended to write on philosophical topics and keep more practical discussions focused at MQRL. Aside from being just a collection of philosophical discussions, its creation was important because I was concerned that MQRL might become diluted with esoteric discussions if I were I to maintain only one blog.

However, since that time I've rarely contributed to IW2BD; but my temperament lately has been philosophical and I need an outlet for it. As a result, I'm beginning to post again to IW2BD. I've also been motivated by the observation that my writing is much better now such that I may write coherently on topics such as teleology and ethics. This has arisen in no small part because my writing and thinking has improved as I explored ideas at MQRL.

So, if you're interested in what I have to say, pay IW2BD a visit. I plan on making no changes to MQRL and will continue its theme of the practicalities and execution of science from an academic standpoint.

And if you're really, really interested, e-mail me sometime at kyle.m.douglass@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.